Bitez, the rather chilled village with a rhythmic, laid-back beachfront, sets itself apart from the throbbing party town of Gumbet, just next door. A welcoming, cool vibe exists here that is a bit bohemian in nature. Somewhat smaller, and therefore more doable, than some of the other harborfronts, Bitez beach will entice you to oil up, put your sunglasses on, (or seek out one of the many shady venues there) and leisurely let the day unfold. Perfect for those couples with split interests--plenty of wifi and shady, well-serviced watering holes, while only steps are away many comfortable sunbeds and all with ever-so-relaxing tunes spilling out over the air.
Bitez is unique and differs in character and appearance from all other resorts on the Bodrum peninsula. It portrays a comforting atmosphere of tranquility and calm, backed up by the beautiful sandy beach which is shaped in a half moon. The mountains backing the resort of Bitez village are covered with ripe olive and citrus trees producing tasty fruit at the end of summer. Don’t go to Bitez if you are looking for crowds and a fast paced lifestyle.
Bitez village is about sitting back and enjoying the Turkish way of living.
Where is Bitez and how to get there?
Things to Do
- Practice your bartering skills at the local market on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Bitez village is well known for water sports, especially windsurfing so take some beginners lessons.
- Visit the majestic 17th century Mustafa Pasa tower located in nearby Ortakent.
- Hire one of the small boats and spend the day fishing or exploring surrounding coves.
- Jump on the local bus and explore the cobbled streets, museum and castle of nearby Bodrum town
- Complete the shopping spree of your life in Bodrum town, known for its cosmopolitan and Mediterranean vibes.
Eating Out and Nightlife
Bitez Video Introduction