My Guide Website?
Pamukkale and Hierapolis Full-Day Tour from Bodrum105 Reviews
Discover the “Cotton Castles” of Pamukkale and the well-preserved ruins of the Greek-Roman city of Hierapolis on a full-day tour from Bodrum. Experience the limpid pools and travertine terraces of Pamukkale, and see the amphitheater at Hierapolis.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bodrum:If youʻre booking your trip to Bodrum last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the travertine terraces of Pamukkale
- Explore the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis
- Experience the hot springs and limpid pools of the Cotton Castles
- Discover Cleopatra's bathing pool
- Go to the Necropoilis of Anatolia
DescriptionExplore the unique travertine terraces of Pamukkale (literally “Cotton Castles” in Turkish), and enjoy a full-day trip to one of Turkey’s most popular attractions. Depart Bodrum and transfer by air-conditioned coach to Pamukkale, known as the “8th Wonder of the World” to those in the know. Explore the natural landscape of limpid pools, hot springs, and travertine, terraces of carbonate minerals left by flowing water. Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site in 1988, Pamukkale attracts some 2 million visitors every year. Get a view of the terraces from the hills on the opposite side of the valley in the town of Denizli. Then, go to the ruins of the ancient Greek-Roman city of Hierapolis, built on top of the “Cotton Castles” in the 2nd century BC. See the remains of the Roman amphitheater, and visit the former Turkish Bath, now converted into an archaeological museum.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned bus Lunch Guide
- Pickup is not available from all hotels; you may have to come to a meeting point close to your hotel/address
- The distance between Bodrum and Pamukkale is around 270 km/167 mi. Reaching the destination requires a long drive