Kos Island Independent Day Trip by Boat from Bodrum19 Reviews
Enjoy a day in Greece during your Bodrum holiday. Take a boat to the island of Kos, and discover the heritage of this historic and friendly island.
- Spend a day exploring the island of Kos on your own
- Discover centuries-old castles and ancient Roman ruins
- See the birthplace of Hippocrates, the father of medicine
DescriptionJust 12 miles off the coastline of Bodrum, the Greek island of Kos is near enough for a pleasant day trip. A speedy hydrofoil departs Bodrum at 09.00 AM, taking just 20 minutes to reach the island. On this day trip you’ll have the full day to explore Kos on your own. Take a walk along the picturesque streets and admire the architecture. Take in historical sights and ancient ruins, including the 14th-century Castle of the Knights, numerous temples and ancient Roman ruins. The major attraction of the island is Asklepion, one of the largest and oldest healing centers of the ancient world. Kos is said to be the birthplace of Hippocrates, the father of medicine, and just behind the castle is the famous tree of Hippocrates. According to legend, Hippocrates taught his students the art of medicine under the shadow of this tree. Enjoy some time relaxing on a sandy beach, lapped by the calm waters of the Aegean Sea. Be sure to return to the harbor before the departure time of 4:00 PM.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Round-trip ferry or catamaran tickets Food and drinks Tour on Kos island Guide
- The tour operator is not responsible for ensuring that you have the correct visa to enter Greece. Please check that you are eligible to enter Greece (EU) with the country which issued your passport
- The day on Kos is not a guided tour
- In bad weather conditions, the hydrofoil boats may not operate
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY