My Guide Website?
From Kos: Independent Day Trip to Bodrum221 Reviews
Travel 50 minutes from Kos port to visit another country and another continent. Discover Bodrum, or the ancient city of Halicarnassus, where Herodotus the Father of History, was born. Experience Turkish hospitality and culture on an incredible day trip.
- Spend a day exploring the city of Bodrum on your own
- Cruise across the stretch of the sunkissed Aegean Sea that splits Kos from Bodrum
- Visit the castle and the ancient Greek city of Halicarnassus
- Get to know the local cuisine and enjoy a Turkish coffee or tea at a cafe
- Walk through an incredible bazaar and try out your bargaining skills
DescriptionAfter being picked up from the port in Kos, take a stunning boat cruise across the Aegean Sea to Bodrum. Once you have passed through passport control and customs, enjoy a full day to explore this incredible ancient city on your own. When you arrive in the port, gaze in awe at the beautiful white houses built amphitheatrically on the hillside, dozens of sailboats and yachts, plus one of the most imposing castles in the world. Take a walk along the picturesque streets and admire the architecture. Take in the historical sights and ancient ruins, including the Castle and the ancient Greek city of Halicarnassus, the Windmilles, and the ancient Greek Theatre with 13,000 seats. If you are not a history lover, take a stroll through the small streets and get to know the local cuisine instead. Enjoy a Turkish coffee or tea at a traditional coffee shop, or try 'kebab' and other traditional 'mezedes' and sweet 'kazandibi' - some of the most popular Turkish specialties. After that, head into the really big bazaar for a chance to practice your bargaining skills. Shop for all kinds of souvenirs, folk art, crafts, and clothing. Soak up the incredible lively atmosphere and enjoy the aromas of the spices and local produce. Many stallholders accept euros and almost everyone speaks Greek or English. For a truly Turkish experience, visit a Turkish bath for a little relaxation. Discover how Turkish bathhouses have held a special place in the Turkish culture for hundreds of years. Relax in the steam roam while a highly skilled masseur works away the stresses and strains that have built up in your body during the year. At the end of your incredible day trip, take the boat back to Kos Port in time for your onward journey.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected) Boat ticket from/to Bodrum Legal document preparation for travelling
- You must bring your passport and/or visa documents to enter Turkey
- It is very hot in Bodrum in summer; do not forget a bottle of water and wear a hat, and comfortable walking shoes
- Single parents with children can travel to Bodrum with a document signed from the other parent that allows the child to travel to Bodrum. Full custody also works for the passport control and authorities
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromTRY 570.03Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today